Oven Baked Zucchini, Carrot & Feta Patties

Here is a recipe that the girls found online and posted today. oven-baked-zucchini-and-feta-cakes-fritters.
I was just going to bake some vegies for dinner But I had all the ingredients for this ( well sort of) and they looked so yummy I thought I would do a version of them myself. So here is my version. If your are a vegetarian you will love them and of course you can change it up depending what you have on hand like I had to do.

 What you Need:

FOR THE ZUCCHINI CAKES: makes 7-8 little patties
1 large zucchini, trimmed, washed and grated
1 medium carrot, grated
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 large egg
1pkt 200g crumbled feta cheese
3/4 cup breadcrumbs ( I made my breadcrumbs in my nutri-bullet a mixture of cornflakes and weetbix) seriously makes the best breadcrumbs ever.

What to Do

  1. Place grated zucchini and carrot in a mesh strainer over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt, stir to evenly distribute it. Let the zucchini sit like that for 20 minutes, so they can release liquid.
  2. After 20 minutes squeeze out as much liquid out of the zucchini as you can.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly sprayed foil
  4. In a bowl combine drained zucchini and carrot, black pepper, garlic, olive oil, baking powder, dill, egg, feta cheese and breadcrumbs.
  5. Shape about 2 tbsp patties and place them on the baking tray, leaving some space in between.
  6. Bake at 350 F until golden - for 20-30 minutes turning once.
    NOTE: You can make any sort of sauce to go with these, is all I had on hand was some light sour cream and fresh lemons and that was enough for me.
    Oven Baked Zucchini, Carrot & Feta Patties

     
    yummo 

Comments