Aero Bar Cheesecake

Oh My Lordy do I love a cheesecake!. Funny though I have never actually made that many in my lifetime. My sweet tooth didn't really kick in until I was in my 50's, before that I really didn't eat cakes or sweets but I seem to be making up for it now. I am not a big lover of baked cheesecake though and prefer the no bake ones and gelatin is not my friend I have stuffed up a few cheesecakes with it and had to throw it all out and cream cheese isn't cheap about 8 bucks for the two blocks so I developed a fear of gelatin haha..  Today's cheesecake was going to be made with my simple no gelatin recipe (the one I used for the no bake baileys cheesecake) but at the last minute I decided to throw caution to the wind and risk it .. SUCCESS ! that was a relief.  I used this recipe  No Bake Cheesecake. 

 I left out the sugar I figured there was enough in the cookies and the chocolate to do me a year and I don't like things overly sickly sweet.

I did make a boo boo though I forget to whip the thickened cream and fold it through, bugger!  instead I just poured it into the mixture before adding the gelatin and beat the living daylights out of it. Had I not have stuffed up the cheesecake would of been a lot higher and looked more like my No Bake Cheesecake.. Thankfully though all was good in the end and it turned out just fine so I hope you enjoy my version of the "Aero Bar Cheesecake" cheers !  

Oh A quick NOTE: If you really want your cheesecake to look peppermint just add a bit of green food colouring.. personally though I try to keep my food free of additives like that

What you need:


(needs to be at room temperate)
(nestle) chopped
A lined spring form cake tin

What to Do:

 1. Grease a 20cm-round (base) spring form pan. Using a food processor (if you have one), process biscuits until fine crumbs. I just put mine in a lunch bag and roll them out with a rolling pin and a few bashes with the rolling pin ( for stress relief haha) Add the melted butter. Mix until combined well. Press the biscuit mixture over base and side of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
2. Using an electric mixer (or processor) beat cream cheese,  sweetened condensed milk and peppermint essence until light and fluffy.
3. Put the boiling water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin powder on it and stir until dissolved well and it cools a little
4. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture until combined.
5. Fold in whipped cream and 1/2 the chopped aero bar
6. Pour mixture into prepared pan, leveling top with a spatula. Cover. Refrigerate overnight or until set then decorate with the rest of the chopped aero bar 

Tip: when set you can slice the cheesecake up and wrap each slice in cling wrap and store in the freezer then just take a the pieces out when you need them. leave for 10 to 15 minutes to thaw

Aero Bar No Bake Cheesecake
 
Aero Bar No Bake Cheesecake

Comments